There are many reasons to love pancakes! They are truly perfect for every time of the day: breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can top it with anything, and it literally takes minutes to make.
While your favorite Garden Café Pause at Pulitzer is closed, we would like to provide you with the recipe for the Pause Pancakes, so you don’t have to miss them in the meantime.
Ingredients Pancake Mix
- Flour 500GR
- Sugar 75GR
- Corn Oil 150GR
- Vanilla Syrup 175ML
- Milk 750ML
- Baking Powder 35GR
- Butter 35GR
- Blueberries 20 pieces
- Raspberries 12 pieces
- Blackberries 8 pieces
- Watercress 3 pieces
- Pure Canadian Maple Syrup
Let’s start baking, step by step!
- Mix all the ingredients from the pancake mix, except the butter.
Fun fact: The Dutchies call a pancake ‘pannenkoek’.
- Heat a frying pan on middle high fire and put the butter in the pan to melt.
Fun fact: Every culture has its own way of making pancakes.
- When the butter is melted, put your pancake mix in the pan. Make a choice if you would like to have one big pancake or a few small ones.
Fun fact: The Guinness World Record for the most pancakes served in 8 hours by a team is 34,818.
- Flip the pancakes and finish cooking, until golden brown on both sides.
Fun fact: Pancakes can be made with different main ingredients, for example, banana, potato and oatmeal.
- Almost done: it is now time to make your pancake as pretty as you would like with all the delicious toppings.
Fun fact: The most flips anyone has ever done with a pancake is 349 flips in two minutes.
- Bon appétit! Share your homemade ‘Perfect Pause Pancake’ with us on Instagram with the @pulitzer.amsterdam tag and the hashtag #PerfectPausePancake.
Fun fact: The Pause Pancakes are your favorite now.
Pause at Pulitzer